Reports to: Sales Manager
Date Created / Reviewed: April 6, 2017
We are seeking a responsible and highly motivated Sales Associate who is ready to take on all sales responsibilities from inbound sales opportunities, generating leads to closing sales. Our ideal candidate will deliver a professional presentation to customers, and uphold the ideals and standards of our company. The successful Sales Associate will constantly strive to meet all sales goals and exceed customer expectations.
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by answering inbound sales calls and sales email inquiries and be subject matter expert on products offered to assess customers’ needs and provide consultation on product features
- Plan and organize daily work schedule to actively call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service and consulting, establishing, developing and maintaining positive business and individual relationships
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Follow and achieve department’s sales goals on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Suggest ways to improve sales (e.g. planning marketing activities, product development ideas, develop pricing strategies, etc.)
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Background in textiles highly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills